How to remove the background in Photoshop
Removing the background from an image is the most useful skills you can learn in Adobe Photoshop. The pen tool is the most accurate and powerful tool to be used, but good results are only possible if you understand how it works. Here, we will take you through the process of removing a background from an image to help you overcome the challenge. In this tutorial I want to demonstrate the process of how to remove a background of a bag image using the powerful adobe Photoshop.
- Open the image that you want to edit– Start by opening an image that you want to remove the background and to demonstrate this technique, it must have a very defined boundary between the images since we want to keep (the bag ) and the background.
- Select the Pen tool – If you do need a more accurate edge to your selection, you will be better off using the Pen Tool. Press the “ P “ or select the pen tool from the toolbox. There are a number of other “Pens” under the Pen Tool, but for the most part you can do these with just the pen tool by knowing where to select the anchor points. In using pen tool will provide a very clean clipping path.
- Start Drawing a “Path”– you need to do clipping path in every edge of the picture ( the bag ). The line you are creating with the Pen Tool is called a “Path”. You will “Click and Drag” to set the anchor, then adjust the vector from each anchor to trace the path in a very clean manner, leaving no edge not path.
- Set the feather pixels– to avoid blurriness and sharpness of the image’s edge. Ctrl + J to duplicate the layer and view the traced path.
- Create a Fill Layer– To ensure your background has been completely removed, from the top menu, choose Layer then choose New Fill Layer then choose Layer Via Copy. If you’re done learning the Pen Tool, you will be able to better decide which tool you should use for the job. The Pen Tool can give your image a more professional clipping path look when it is needed and as easy as that, it is not time consuming.
There you have it guys, the most easy steps in removing background using adobe Photoshop. Want to learn more about photo editing steps and techniques visit our How to edit page to scan for more easy photo editing ways.