Real estate photography is a high demand business as property value keep on soaring this 2020. Taking pictures of properties both residential and commercial has increased over the years. Real estate agents and brokerage companies post high quality images for there clients. To achieve a high quality picture for real estate online posting here are the guide in taking real estate properties.
Learn how to take real estate photography to the next level by preparing, executing and delivering the best service to your customers.
Table of Contents
- Pre-Shooting Checklist
- Indoor Photography
- Outdoor Photography
- Single Exposure
- Multiple Exposure
- Real Estate Photo Retouching
Pre Shooting Checklist
- Choose your Camera Brand
- Wide Angle Zoom Lens
- Use Tripod for stability
- Flash or Additional Lighting
- Backup Batteries
- SD Cards
- Survey the Area
- Drone Video Footage
Photographs that are taken inside the living room, kitchen, master bedroom, garage and comfort room are considered indoor shots. There are a lot of things you need to prepare to lessen the post production process. Though there are things that cannot be immediately done but at least we minimize the retouching process. Here are the list of things you need to do before taking interior shots.
Removal of Main Items
- Personal Items
- Remove Photos, Shoes and Clothes
- Animal Toys
- Video Games
- Remove Cat
- Dog in the Area
Preparing the Windows
- Arrange Curtains in the windows
- Must be clear of any stains and blemishes
- Outside of the window should be visible
- Floor Mats Door Mats Mop
- Cleaning Items
- Clean Stains
- Blemishes in Floor Tiles if possible
Electronics, Lights, Fans and Wires
- TV must be turned off Laptops and Computers
- Hide Electrical Wires
- Arrange o Remove faulty bulbs
- Turn on all lights Turn off all Fans
Furniture Arrangement and Clean Up
- Arrange or Align Furniture
- Aquarium must be cleaned
- Tables and Chairs must be clean
- Remove all personal items inside, Soaps, Shampoo and Conditioner, Shaving Creams or Cans
- Clean Mirror free of Streaks o Remove Floor Mats
- Neatly setup shower curtain
- Avoid camera flashes in mirrors
- Clean Mirrors and Glass Surfaces
- Put down toilet lids
- Remove towels
- Hide any toiletries that are in the shower or bath, as well as on the counter
- Clean and remove unnecessary objects in the fridge.
- This includes magnets, business cards, photos.
- Hide dish soaps, sponges and paper towels. o Dining table must be clean.
- TV Remotes
- Video Game Equipment o DVDs
- Any Visible Electrical Cords or Books
- Magazines & Additional Clutter or Pedestal Fans
Exterior photography is a process of taking images outside the house such as the facade, lawn, swimming pool, garden and car park. Preparation is the key before taking any photographs to minimize the editing process. Here are few tips in taking outdoor photography.
- Children Toys o Inflatables
- Clean Up Leaves
- Remove Cleaning Equipment
- Table and Chairs Arranged
- Pool Slide Board must be clear of items
Lawn and Garden
- Remove Garden Materials
- Remove fallen leaves
- Rake them aside
- Arrange Tumbled Plant Boxes
- Remove Unwanted Objects
- Organize Tools
What is Single Exposure?
Single exposure images in real estate photography refers to one single image taken by a photographer. A single exposure image is usually taken when the area has all the necessary exposure available. This type of images are both indoor and outdoor shots. Dealing with exposure is crucial in taking images especially when you have a low exposures on areas such as windows.
What is Multiple Exposure?
A multiple exposure shot is compose of several images taken by the same angle with different areas of exposure. Normally multiple exposures are images taken indoor because of the windows that contradicts with the light. Real estate photographers require to take at least 3-8 shots in order to get as much exposure in the area of interest. Here are the process of blending a multiple exposure image:
- Import the Image into an Image Blending Software
- Enfuse them to make 1 single image
- Once done export the image and import it into a post production software
- Adjust the proper settings such as Temp, Tint, Exposure, Highlights and more.
Learn how we post process images: Post Production in Lightroom
Photo Retouching Service for Real Estate
Providing a real estate photo retouching service can totally change an image. We can remove just about anything however to minimize the retouching process and save cost in editing one follow these steps in real estate photography.
Here are the list of real estate photo editing services we provide:
- Color Cast Removal
- Sky Replacement
- Lens Correction
- Image Blending
- Panorama Stitching
- HDR Real Estate
The main goal of providing you a guide in real estate photography is to get better images with less cost in post production. Failure to plan is truly planning to fail so we highly suggest to take down notes on the most important things before you take images.
Real Estate Blogs that you might be interested
- Starting a Real Estate Photography Business