When it comes to selling any product online, the product photos quality will determine whether…
How to Edit Product Photos for Website Store Online
Learn how to edit product photos using Photoshop software to get the best result of your product. Products online needs to undergo a photo editing process where the image will be enhanced. To improve the overall quality of the image it needs the adjustment of the colors, size, background, white balance and retouch blemishes
Jewelry photos come out very bare after a photoshoot. It is then processed rigorously by a photo retoucher. The process of editing a jewellery product usually is:
- Background Removal – Removing the background of the jewelry is the first step.
- Retouching Blemishes – Blemishes are removed from the jewelry.
- Color Correction – Adjusting the right color of every gold and silver.
- Adjustments – Adjusting the size, crop size and white balance of the photo.
Removing the background of a product is essential to the overall look of the image. A clipping path service is required in order to trace out the edges of the image to mask and remove the background. Once the background is remove it will be replaced with a background of choice of the client.
Amazon Photo Editing
Products in amazon online requires amazon guidelines in order to be able to post to the marketplace. A uniform looking images on amazon makes the marketplace neat and trustworthy to buyers online.
- White Background – All images should be in white background RGB (255,255,255).
- Cropping – A well centered image is required by amazon.
- File Format – TIFF (.tif/.tiff), JPEG (.jpeg/.jpg), GIF (.gif) and PNG (.png) format
- Size of Image – Image pixel dimensions of at least 1000 or larger in either height or width preferred
- Colors – RGB or CMYK color mode
- Filename – File names must consist of the product identifier (Amazon ASIN, 13-digit ISBN, EAN, JAN, or UPC) followed by a period and the appropriate file extension (Example: B000123456.jpg or 0237425673485.tif)
Amazon Product Guidelines
- The images must be the cover art or a professional photograph of the product being sold. Drawings or illustrations of the product are not allowed.
- Must not contain gratuitous or confusing additional objects.
- Needs to focus, professionally lit and photographed or scanned, with realistic color, and smooth edges.
- Books, Music, and Video/DVD images should be the front cover art, and fill 100% of the image frame. Jewel cases, promotional stickers, and cellophane are not allowed.
- All products should fill 85% or more of the image frame.
- The full product must be in frame.
- Backgrounds must be pure white background (RGB 255,255,255).
- The image must not contain additional text, graphics, or inset images.
- Any Pornographic and offensive materials are not allowed.
Apparel Photo Editing
A key important guidelines in selling apparel products online is to retouch t-shirts, dress before posting online. Most of the time apparel products are the hardest to edit because of the visibility of the creases during the photoshoot. The solution is to remove the creases of the product and make the image creases free.
Removing Creases from Shirts
Though some apparel sellers want as natural as possible there are other online apparel shops who prefer a neat crease free product. This process can be time consuming because the image needs to be retouched carefully. After retouching you can either change the image of the product using color correction tool.