Removing a background from image in Photoshop is easy. Using tools such as Pen Tool you are able to precisely remove the background. We will discuss step-by-step.
- Remove background and change to white
- Change Background to Transparent
- How to create Clipping Paths in Photoshop
Pen tool is a precision tool that enables you to make precise Paths. A path is a line where you can activate and cut off the image background.
- Open File by Clicking Open sample.jpg
- Open Layers, Channels and Path
- Click Pen Tool in Toolbar
- Create New Path in Path Window
- Click on the Image to Start Creating a Line
1. Click File > Open to Import Photo
Opening your image in photoshop is easy, simply click on the left most corner File and then select the image for editing.
2. Open Layers, Channel and Path
Open Layers by clicking window > Layers and Path
3. Click Pen Tool in Toolbar
Once you have clicked Pen Tool, click on the Path and Create a New Path
4. Create a New Path
Create New Path by Clicking below near beside Trash
5. Create a Path by Clicking on the Edge of the Product
6. Anchor Left Arm and Right Arm
- Once you have clicked on the Pen Tool you will notice a line will come out, now this is called the Anchor, Left Arm or Right Arm.
- This will allow you to control your line either you want it curved or straight.
- To make a straight line simply press Right Click and Right Click
- To create a curve line press Right Click and Right Click Drag
7. Watch how to trace a Product Photo in this Video
8. Tracing your Product Photo
9. Activate the Path
To activate the path Press Ctrl + Right Click
Once the Path is Activated go to Layers
To Select the Background Press Ctrl + Shift + I
Next, Press Delete to Whiten Background
To have a transparent background unlock the layer
10. Save the Image
You can save your image by Pressing Ctrl + Shift + S to save your file to JPEG, PNG or PSD