Hire the best Photo Editors in New York, NY
Check out Photo Editors in New York, NY with the skills you need for your business.
New York’s top photo editors bring exceptional quality and skills to the table, going beyond simple image enhancement. With a sharp eye for detail and professional expertise, they can turn your photos into captivating stories. Their extensive experience covers various photography styles, ensuring excellence in fashion, commercial, editorial, and event photography. By staying updated on the latest industry trends, these editors consistently deliver images that not only meet but often exceed the high standards set by New York’s dynamic creative scene. Collaborating with them is an investment in outstanding visuals and the art of telling compelling stories through each photograph.
Photo Editors Hiring FAQ
What is a photo editor?
A photo editor is a skilled practitioner adept at manipulating photographs after they’ve been shot. While a photographer will ensure the proper lighting, framing, and environment prior to taking the photograph, an editor will use software such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom to make improvements to the quality of the photograph after the fact.
How do you hire a photo editor?
You can source photo editing talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a photo editor.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview photo editors. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of photo editor you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a photo editor?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced photo editor may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their photo editing services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by photo editors on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $9 per hour
- Intermediate: $19 per hour
- Advanced: $50 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a photo editor job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job Post Title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample photo editor job post titles:
- Experienced photo editor needed to improve corporate photos using Adobe Photoshop
- Need Adobe Photoshop expert to retouch photos for website
- Photo editor needed to convert 10 photos into a single-image collage
An effective photo editor job post should include:
- Scope of work: From light editing to comprehensive photo reclamation projects, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or styles, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Photo editor job responsibilities
Here are some examples of photo editor job responsibilities:
- Use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom to improve lighting on various digital photographs
- Coordinate edited images with content and marketing teams for final production
- Configure images for proper use in print or web
Photo editing job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a photo editor. Here are some examples:
- Proven experience as a photo editor with a portfolio
- Experience with digital technology such as Adobe Photoshop and Affinity Photo
- Creative mind and eye for detail
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to deliver edited assets on time