In Photography, Shutter speed is one of the important settings that the Photographer should handle…
If you’re in the Jewelry business and want to promote your jewelry online on your e-commerce store by showing attractive Jewelry photos, you surely have many same style Jewelry in silver, gold or rose gold.
So, Instead of taking photos of the same jewelry, you can take one perfect photo of one similar jewelry and change its color by using Photoshop because this method can save your time, money, and effort just by doing photo editing.
Follow the step-by-step process to change Jewelry color in Photoshop. Let’s begin!
Step-by-step process to change Jewelry color in Photoshop
Step 1 – Open the Photoshop
- First, you should open a Photoshop application on your Pc/Laptop and then insert a Jewelry Photo you want to edit.
- Go to Home Screen, click on open and select a Jewelry image you want to edit.
- Once you’ve selected a particular image, then insert it in Photoshop.
- For example – we’ve picked a yellow ring, and I want it to change into a rose gold color.
- Now, we’re ready to change the color of the Jewelry.
Step 2 – Select the Pen Tool
- You need to change the color of the Jewelry without affecting its diamonds and background.
- You need to make sections to separate the metal, diamond, and background.
- To separate these selections, you can pick a valuable tool like Lasso Tool, Quick Selection Tool, Pen Tool, etc., available in Photoshop.
- “Pen Tool” is the most preferred selection tool for professionals because it clearly defines the areas you want to edit or not.
Step 3 – Select “Pen Tool” & draw a path around Jewelry
- Once you’ve selected the Pen Tool, you should draw two paths for the Jewelry. One is for a separate ring with a background, and the second is for a separate diamond with the ring.
- After drawing the path, you can create a path icon and rename the path “Ring” in the Paths panel.
- You need to draw a path around the ring (try to make it closer and smooth).
- Now, click on the Create path icon and rename the path “diamond” in the Paths panel.
- Then draw another path around the diamond.
Step 4 – Convert Ring Paths to Selection
- Now we need to select the path to do the editing on the ring body without affecting the diamond and background.
- Click on the LoadPath icon at the bottom of the panel.
- Now soften the edges of your selected path by using “feathering.”
- Go to Select – Modify – Feather and enter the value 1.0 value in the feather dialog box.
Step 5 – Add Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer
- Now it’s time to change the jewelry color, and for this, the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer is the best fit.
- Note: Make sure the selection is in action.
- Choose Hue/Saturation from the list.
Step 6 – Select the Color panel
- When you open the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer, then you need to select any color (choose based on your Jewelry color)
- Let me select Yellow from the menu!
Step 7 – Change the color by Dragging the Hue Slider
- It’s the most important step.
- If you want to change your jewelry color into different colors as per your requirements, then use “Hue Slider” to change the color.
- You’ll see a straight line with many colors, and you can select any color just like we’ve chosen (-21) for rose gold color.
- Now, you’ll see an instant change in Jewelry color, but you may see some issues like color, shadow then you need to fix all these issues.
Step 8 – Lower the Saturation of the selected color
- Once you’ve changed the color of your Jewelry, then you need to swipe left on the saturation slider to normalize the color issues.
- Now, your jewelry looks more attractive in a new color.
Step 9 – Change Blend Mode Color
- Go to the Blend Mode section in the Layers panel and set it as Normal. It helps to protect the over brightness and maintain the color coordination.
Step 10 – Select the Layer Mask
- Layer masking is one of the best features that give you more flexibility to remove objects and some adjustments to layers.
- You can add black or white to the layer mask on objects. As we can see a little pink on the diamond, we can revert its original color by using layer masking.
Step 11 – Select Diamond Path & Convert to selection
- Now go to the paths section and select the diamond path so that we can do the editing on the diamond portion only.
- Click on LoadPath and then go to Select – Modify – Feather, where you need to enter 1.0 inside the box.
Step 12 – Set Foreground color
- Now we need to recover the diamond’s original color, i.e., Black.
- Press the letter “D,” and it will reset the Foreground color as default.
- Now, press the letter “X” to swap colors and make the Foreground color as per the diamond original.
Step 13 – Fill the diamond with the original color
- To fill the color, you need to open the Layer Panel and ensure that only the diamond path is selected for editing.
- Open Edit: Fill and select Foreground color.
- Now you see that diamond turns to its original color.
Step 14 – Save file in Psd Format
- Congratulations! you’ve successfully changed the color of your Jewelry in Photoshop most effectively and attractively.
- Now it’s time to save the file in PSD format, and it’s necessary because Psd allows you to edit later in Photoshop whenever you want.
- Go to Select file – Save as. PSD and type the desired file name.
- You’ve successfully done all the steps and changed the Jewelry color.
Jewelry Coloring and Retouching can be hard, time-consuming, and need to follow many complex processes. Instead, you can hire a Professional jewelry recoloring service provider to deliver a qualitative, attractive, and satisfying jewelry recoloring service.
Which company is the best fit for the Jewelry Coloring service?
Photo Editing Company is a one-stop solution for jewelry coloring services. Our editing experts can deliver high-quality, detailed, and satisfying jewelry recoloring service at affordable prices. Contact us Today!